2018Copyright Carolina Adventure Guides. All rights reserved.
6 SPOTS LEFT
TYROLEAN TRAVERSE FOR 8 PEOPLE.
All gear and instruction is provide as well as permits and fees.
$70 per person
4 to 5
DATE: OCTOBER 12TH. 8:30AM
No experience need. All gear and instruction will be supply.
THIS WILL BE A COMBINATION EVENT OF A 50 FEET TRAVERSE AND A 120 FEET RAPPEL!
Tyrolean traverse is a method of crossing through free space between two high points on a rope without a hanging cart or cart equivalent. This is used in a range of mountaineering activities: rock climbing, technical tree climbing, caving and water crossings. A zip-line is in essence a Tyrolean traverse which is traveled down quickly with the assistance of gravity.
GROUP MAX 8 CLIMBERS. THERE WILL BE TWO INSTRUCTORS!
BOOK YOUR SPOT HERE!
The Traverse will be sent from top of Secret Service route to top of Middle Finger route. 50 feet of traverse above 120 feet of void.
Once reaching the landing area a 100 feet rappel will be necessary to descend from top of Middle Finger.
You will have the opportunity to experience and learn this basic, important skill.
ALL GEAR WILL BE SUPPLY
there is nothing quite like the outdoors.........
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BRING:
- At least 1 liter (32 oz) of water per person.
- Sun screen.
- Energy bars/ trail snacks for 4-5 hrs on the mtn.
- A day pack per person (a "book bag" style backpack is adequate) to carry your personal items and rappelling gear. This gear will be provide.
- Appropriate dress is comfortable "quick dry" athletically fit to the body outdoor/sports clothing
- Comfortable sturdy footwear such as closed toe "keen" style sandals or trail shoes/sneakers are appropriate. Hiking boots are not necessary and may be difficult to climb in. Please no flip-flops. You DO NOT need climbing specific shoes for this event, but if you have them, they will be helpful during the climb.
- Long hair MUST be SECURELY tied back to stay away from the rappelling device and climbing equipment. It's easiest to do this before you get to the mountain. Helmets are required to be worn at all times, so barrettes and hair pins are not advised.
- Please remember to bring any personal medical items such as inhalers or epi-pens if your doctor has prescribed them.
- Optional and recommended: a camera to capture the excitement!
- 8:30 AM. Look for your guide wearing a RED CAROLINA ADVENTURE GUIDES by the PICNIC TABLES
- 4350 Linwood Road, Gastonia, NC 28052, Crowders Mountain State Park Linwood Access Parking Lot. From here you will hike about 3/4 of a mile to the top of Crowders mountain. Please text us or call us when you get here.
- All your gear will be provide. I will be wearing a red Carolina Adventure Guides shirt or a Green Carolina Adventure Guides Jacket.
- From here we will hike approx 1/2 to our traverse / rappelling location.
Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have. You can reach me at 704 728 2716